Velvety and golden. If the bisque seems too thick, thin it with a light touch of extra stock or cream.
- 1 T olive oil 3 C roasted pumpkin
- 1 T sweet butter ½ t salt
- 1 cup onion peeled and chopped ½ t nutmeg
- 8 C vegetable stock ½ t cinnamon
- ½ C carrots diced 1 t fresh ground ginger
- ½ cup celery chopped ½ t white pepper
- 2 C heavy cream 1 sweet potato chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped 1 granny smith apple
- 1 cup white wine
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and butter. Add the onion, carrots, and celery sauté 5 minutes over medium low heat.
- Add garlic, apple, ginger, and sweet potato. Then add wine and spices. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add roasted pumpkin and stock. Stir well and bring to low simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn heat down and let sit for 20 minutes before the puree in blender. I suggest using a hand blender, as hot soups in blenders are very dangerous – they blow the lid and may cause burns. Return soup to pot.
- Add the cream. Reheat but do not boil the soup before serving.